Hello

I am setting up servers with a puppetmaster and various nodes, all running
Debian Wheezy with the Puppet 3 packages from Puppetlabs. The Puppetmaster
is configured with Passenger and Apache.

I am trying to use hiera-gpg to encrypt passwords, I have it installed and
have created a key as described here:
http://www.craigdunn.org/2011/10/secret-variables-in-puppet-with-hiera-and-gpg/

On the Puppetmaster server I can use the encrypted data in a manifest and
also access it on the commandline from heira.

However when I move to a node and run puppet agent -t, I get the following:

Error: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER:
undefined method `empty?' for #<Puppet::Util::Log:0x000000028697a8> at
/etc/puppet/modules/ssh_users/manifests/init.pp:10 on node xxx.xxx.net

The line in question seems to be a red herring as it errors on the first
time it tries to use hiera data so it isn't actually an issue within that
module. Everything runs as expected if I remove the gpg backend from
hiera.yaml

I did some searching and it seems the issue may be permissions related
however I can't seem to work out what the permissions should be. I'm not
knowledgeable about gpg so this may be a user error. of a fairly basic
variety so feel free to point out the obvious.

The keyrings folder is owned by puppet, permissions 0600, as are the
contents of that folder.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Rachel