I setup the Puppet Labs yum repo via "sudo rpm -ivh
http://yum.puppetlabs.com/el/6/products/i386/puppetlabs-release-6-6.noarch.rpm
"

So far between me and a colleague we've tried:
F18 GNOME:
Seemed fine I think (but GNOME 3 didn't play nice with VirtualBox, very
very slow)

F18 KDE: Initially running Puppet 2.7.X
The client worked fine but the Puppet Dashboard kept throwing errors that's
what made me realise we were running 2.7 (I didn't bother to check the yum
install process as I assumed the Fedora repo would be up to date)

F18 KDE: Running Puppet 3.1.1
Ruby errors above. I upgraded my colleagues machine today and ran into
exactly the same problem

From that I'm thinking this might be specific to the F18 KDE version, maybe
ruby is setup in an odd fashion on this spin??