Hi Grabriel,

yes, that's the point ... it's not currently possible so I wanted to know
what the community is doing for overcoming this "problem" ... and whether
it could be a useful feature.

I have done a quick&dirty hack to the APT provider and it works when
installing a new package I can enforce a version and hold it. But from my
minor mod to a proper patch...there is still much work to do, so that's why
I was looking for comments, opinions, and so on about this feature....

I probably didn't explain myself well enough in my first email :-)

sjr.