starting to use hiera in earnest now (still on puppet 2.6 but planning an
upgrade to 3.x this summer).

the heirarchy looks for fqdn, then network_eth0, then 'default'.

Some of our subnets don't want to set http_proxy environment variables, the
rest do.

so default.json has a 'http_proxy_url' key in it, but I want to exclude it
for 10.9.8.7.

Is there a 'special' hiera value I can set in 10.9.8.7.json to stop the
search falling down into default.json ?

At the minute we've set an empty string, but then templates etc. need to be
littered with

if ($url_from_hiera != "") {
   do_stuff()
}

which feels like the sort of 'magic variable' that will bite future me in
the ass in around 6 months.