Thanks for the quick reply

The -W environment=foo tip is very useful and definitely solves one
problem. I appreciate that the synchronous part could get pretty nasty,
rather you than me :) In the meantime have you got any tips on the best
(most reliable) way to check up on triggered runs, you mentioned inspecting
them or querying my reporting infrastructure: to be honest I'm
pretty familiar with puppet in terms of writing modules etc, but I haven't
really looked into the reporting or querying side of things at all, and
I'm definitely a newcomer to MCollective, feel free to just dump a load of
keywords and I can google around if that's easier?

We're running Puppet Open Source but we do have Puppet Dashboard running if
that offers any querying options against the DB or something?

Thanks