I've done the following, it ended up being a bit simpler for me when I'm
not sure what random services a new CentOS install has installed and/or
enabled...

   define no_service ( ) {
     service { "${name}" :
       ensure => stopped ,
       enable => false ,
       status => "stat -t /etc/rc?.d/S??${name} > /dev/null 2>&1" ,

You can then declare individual service names, or lists of service names,
each of which will be disabled and shut down if the service is enabled. If
a particular service doesn't exist, the puppet agent does nothing.

   no_service { 'ip6tables' : }
   no_service { [ 'nfslock' , 'portmap' , 'xyzzy' ] : }

The only caveat is, if a service is disabled (i.e. "chkconfig service off")
but the service is still running, the puppet agent won't stop it. Of
course, if you have a service which is normally off and you've only enabled
it to test something, this could be a good thing...