If you are still looking for an audit/compliance solution, check out
www.metaforsoftware.com. We can track daily changes on your servers and
send alerts when we find diffs from one day to the next. Can also do large
scale diffs across servers in a cluster. We're in free beta and also
working on an integrated Puppet reporting feature right now. Let me know
if you'd like to give it a try.