Hello all,

I have a problem while applying templates. I will show here a sample
example while I can reproduce this problem but it also exist in more
complicated configuration.
I have a next manifest:

class testClass {
$testvar = 'test'
}

class {"testClass": }

file { "/home/alex/workspace/Config_cleanup/config_cleanup/test/test.out":
content =>
template("/home/alex/workspace/Config_cleanup/config_cleanup/test/test.erb"),
}

And I have next template file:

<%= scope["testClass::testvar2"] %>

So my template must read variable testvar2 from testClass and insert it
into file test.out. While I don't have $testvar2 in my class as result I
get just a clean file.
The problem for me is that Puppet does not show any kind of
warnings/errors/notices about this. I was digging through the documentation
and was not able to find any way to enable this. Is it possible?

For me this is critical because on our project it is possible that
templates would be changed by one person but then applied by another and
without such warnings we can have a misconfiguration of our services.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Alex