On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Gonzalo Servat wrote:
On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 9:11 PM, Dominic Cleal wrote:

Perhaps ideally, lenses could be bundled with the software responsible
for the config file formats themselves so they're more easily kept in
sync. There are a small number of projects that do this (libvirt,
libguestfs, corosync), but it needs a supportive upstream.
Hi Dominic,

Thanks for replying. I haven't got my head around the lens syntax just yet
but I will have a go at it and see if I can submit a patch.

I think your last paragraph is spot on -- the lenses should be bundled
with the software responsible for the config file formats. Perhaps augeas
should look in /etc/augeas.d/ or something for the lenses and packages can
include a lens file that goes in that directory. It makes sense, as a
change in a config file has to include a review of the lens before
releasing a new package.
I had a go at modifying the lens and got it working to accept any option.
For anyone that runs into the same problem, I've opened a ticket and
submitted a patch:

https://fedorahosted.org/augeas/ticket/334

- Gonzalo