Hi Josh,

As you may recall, I'm the odd kid on the block using Puppet to manage many
many embedded Windows 7 and XP devices, so my needs are probably not very
representative of the Puppet community. I have no need for a reboot
message/code. Most our devices already have a nightly scheduled reboot. I
use run stages and a delayed shutdown to, for all practical purposes,
ensure a resource that requires a reboot runs last and give the agent
enough time to cleanly finish the run and send reports back. I also use a
schedule resource to control when devices are allowed to apply a resource
that requires a reboot.

I'll check out your reboot provider, thanks. I just use an exec currently.

Regards,

Adam