I have created a puppuet module to install a software from its source code
as follow:

exec {

'build_opensaf':

cwd => "/opt/opensaf-4.2.2",

command => '/opt/opensaf-4.2.2/configure --disable-tipc',

timeout => 0,

logoutput => 'on_failure',

require => Exec["opensaf_extract_installer"],

}

exec {

'compile_opensaf':

cwd => "/opt/opensaf-4.2.2",

command => 'make',

timeout => 0,

logoutput => 'on_failure',

require => Exec["build_opensaf"],

}

exec {

'install_opensaf':

cwd => "/opt/opensaf-4.2.2",

command => 'make install',

timeout => 0,

logoutput => 'on_failure',

require => Exec["compile_opensaf"],

}

The above code works fine when the prerequisites packages are installed.
But, in the reverse case, I have met a problem of the dependancies packages.
The prerequisites packages are:

- libxml2-dev
- automake
- m4
- autoconf (2.61 or later)
- libtool
- pkg-config
- gcc/g++
- GNU make
- python-dev(el)

Is there someone who can help me to find a solution for installing the
above packages in Ubunutu 12.4 taking into account the two cases: with and
without internet connection. That means if I have internet connection, I
use "apt-get install" else I use "dpkg -i" command.

Thanks in advance,

--Ridha