I too and learning puppet for the first time. I attempted my first
manifest run launch puppet from command line but it cannot find my file.

puppet apply C:\test.pp

I get Error: Could not run: Could not find file C:\test.pp

How did you run your script. I'm interested in anything this group might
have to offer and hopefully soon I can contribute.