On Tue, 2013-03-05 at 03:53 -0800, david.hartog@struq.com wrote:
hi,
I want to have puppet copy a file, but I can only reference the file within
the puppet configuration from the symlink. Have tried file => true and
other options but puppet only copies the symlink. Is this possible?
many thanks,
David.
When you read the fine documentation located at:
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/latest/type.html#file
You will note that there is a "links" parameter on the file resource
that can be used to set the behaviour with regards to symlinks.

--
Calvin Walton <calvin.walton@kepstin.ca>