I am looking for few clarifications on puppet-hiera integration.

Trying to move away completly from using site.pp. For that I started
exploring Hiera. End of the day I want an external system prepare yaml
files automatucally based on user requests.

Environment: Ubuntu12.04, PE 2.7, Hiera 1.1.2

EX:
class classA {
notice("ClassA")
}

class classB ($param1 = '') {
notice ("ClassB: ParamValue $param1")
}

Now I am want to include these two classes into two different nodes, so
prepared two yaml files

hiera.yaml
---
:hierarchy:
- %{::clientcert}
- common
:backends:
- yaml
:yaml:
:datadir: '/etc/puppetlabs/puppet/hieradata'

NodeA.yaml
---
emcutil::a:
- a

NodeB.yaml
---
classesH:
emcutil::b:
param1: 'Puppet-Hiera'

As I have classes as array and hash, so added below code in site.pp default
section so that I can include hash and arrays.

node default {
hiera_include('classesA','')
$param_packagesH = hiera_hash('classesH')
create_resources('class',$param_classesH)

This approach does not work.

On NodeA following error:
err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER:
undefined method `empty?' for nil:NilClass at
/etc/puppetlabs/puppet/environments/development/manifests/site.pp:48 on node
On NodeB following error:
err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER:
Could not find data item classesA in any Hiera data file and no default
supplied at
/etc/puppetlabs/puppet/environments/development/manifests/site.pp:46 on node

What I am doing here is valid?
If we are using hiera_include or hiera_hash all the node yaml files should
have all the targets and the target returns not null values?
Do we have alternatives other than using hiera, hiera_include and
hiera_hash?
PE 2.7 do we need to do any configuration for Hiera, apart from
puppet-hiera package. Specifically related to these two attributes
node_terminus, external_nodes?
With Hiera we can move away from site.pp completly. My understanding is
correct on Hiera?

Any help on this greatly appreciated.

Sai.
EMC Corporation.