Hey Jim,

As someone who generally hates using execs unless I absolutely have to, I
would recommend using the Puppet Labs registry module. I can dig out some
examples tomorrow if you like.

Adam
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:29:52 AM UTC-6, jim wrote:

Hello all,

I'm currently running 2.7.19 (Puppet Enterprise 2.7.0)

I want to use puppet to add / amend or delete windows firewall rules, is
there a tidy way of doing this ????

exec { "Check_MK_Firewall_Rule_create":
command => 'C:\Windows\System32\netsh.exe advfirewall firewall add rule
name="Check_MK" dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP localport=6556',
unless => 'C:\Windows\System32\netsh.exe advfirewall firewall show rule
name="Check_MK"',
}

## If I remove the unless statement, it will keep add the same rule over
and over again, which will make the firewall rule list un-manageable

exec { "Check_MK_Firewall_Rule_enable":
command => 'C:\Windows\System32\netsh.exe advfirewall firewall set rule
name="Check_MK" new enable=Yes',
}

## When I do a puppet run it keeps running this, is there a way to only
run if disabled ???

Hope this make sense

regards

James