Thanks, Ken. That was my thought too, but I wanted to get a 2nd opinion.
On Friday, February 8, 2013 10:30:13 AM UTC-6, Ken Barber wrote:

Hi Ronald,

I presume your talking about switching to PuppetDB from using the
ActiveRecord sqlite3 setup?

One methodology is to:

* Do a quick change freeze, ie. don't allow puppet to run properly on
any host while you do the rest.
* Simply make the switch to PostgreSQL & PuppetDB configuration in
your puppetmaster.
* Run puppet agent -t --noop a few times on all your hosts until your
reports are clean. Multiple runs are needed probably to resolve
ordering with any exported resource side-effects.
* Come out of change freeze.

Because the data is only as good as the last run, this is a reasonable
methodology - as running puppet again repopulates the data.

Does this sound reasonable to you Ronald? Its not the only way but it
does avoid messy dump/loads from 2 completely different databases and
schemas.

ken.