I'll be looking at having Hyperic monitor our Puppet master and nodes.

Maybe I'm lucky but I've never found any thing errors in the puppet logs to
indicate any problems. Are there any messages I should look for? Is there
any information documented on best practices for assuring Puppet is running
properly?

So far I'm planning to have Hyperic monitor that the required services are
running on all agents and the master. Is there any thing else I should
consider having Hyperic monitor to assure my Puppet infrastructure is
running properly?

Thanks! Thomas