I have a production puppet server running with apache&passenger
Unfortunately, we have stumbled upon cases in which a module was installed
in position we did not meant to install it on,
no, the blame is not on puppet, it's on us, we didn't notice some cases
of behavior of the modules.
all the configuration and modules are stored in our SVN.
What we'd like to have is a process with the following capabilities:

1. Will allow us to diff the changes in the modules, prior to having
them in "production"
I know, SVN supports it, but I'd love to have yet another layer in case
of someone else has committed a change and I wasn't aware of that.
2. Will allow us to see how (if at all) the new settings
(config/modules) will affect all the servers that are currently managed by
puppet, that is,
diff the current catalog against the one that will be after the changes
are made
3. Send mail once the new config and modules are valid on the puppet
server

To my best knowledge, puppet 3 offers a way to check a catalog of a node
against a puppet server, so I'm pretty sure it's possible (probably with
couple infrastructure changes)
My question is:
does anyone already know of such a tool and setup guide?
I'd really rather take one, than implement one,
Any language will be good as long as it's open source.

Thanks you.