On Jan 28, 2013, at 10:56 AM, Calvin Walton wrote:

The fix is trivial, just add an "include apache::params" (or even just
"include apache") at the top of your kibana::apache class, like so:

# modules/kibana/manifests/apache.pp
class kibana::apache (
$version = $kibana::params::parameters['version'],
) {
include apache::params
@file { $kibana::params::apache_config:

However, this conflicts with the class {} style declarations in your
apache/manifests/init.pp file. For best results, you should switch those
to use the "include" method as well.

Thanks for the response.

Can multiple classes include the same class. Let's say I instantiate the apache class from manifests/nodes.pp which in turns includes apache::params. Can kibana include apache::params then as well with no conflict. I know you can't do this with the class {} style declarations. Also, I thought the class {} style declarations were the preferred way or is that just in the nodes.pp file?