I am running below command to connect puppet master

puppet agent --certname testcertname --no-daemonize --onetime --server
server_host_name --verbose

it outputs error like:

Error: Execution of '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install dnsmasq' returned 1:
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=x86_64&repo=os error was
14: PYCURL ERROR 6 - "Couldn't resolve host 'mirrorlist.centos.org'"

Error: /Stage[main]/Virtualrouter_agent/Package[dnsmasq]/ensure: change
from absent to present failed: Execution of '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y
install dnsmasq' returned 1: Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo:
base
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=x86_64&repo=os error was
14: PYCURL ERROR 6 - "Couldn't resolve host 'mirrorlist.centos.org'"

to my surprise, echo $? returns 0 which indicates a success.

why doesn't puppet return 1? my script heavily depends on the return value
to judge if puppet runs successfully.
Is there any dependable way to get the real execution result of puppet
agent?

thank you.