Do you know if this was ever fixed in a later version of puppet?
If not, is there a bug filed with puppetlabs for this?
On Friday, July 20, 2012 7:59:23 AM UTC-4, Felix.Frank wrote:
On 07/20/2012 12:48 PM, Fred Gansevles wrote:
Hi,

I ran into the same problem, i.e. overriding a class parameter with
(apparently) no effect
After some digging, I found that there was an effect, the change was
reflected in the compiled catalog
but somehow the Puppet::Parser::Scope::lookupvar method ignored this

I made a patch for puppet/parser/scope.rb (against puppet-2.7.16) that
makes lookupvar look in the right place

I don't know what effect this patch has on other parts of puppet, and if
other people (puppetlabs?) are interested in this patch,
but in my case everything kept working

Fred.
Fascinating!

From all I had gathered since class parameters are available, overriding
them was not at all possible. It will be interesting to hear a
developer's comments on your approach.

I believe there are possible problems, but knowing there's a fix for the
bigger problem is great.

Thanks for sharing.