I have a puppet master install which uses puppetdb. I also have puppet
dashboard installed with the inventory service running. I want multiple
puppet masters using a single puppetDB server. Puppetdb is installed on
separate vm.

How can I get the dashboard inventory to use the puppetdb server to get the
inventory records? Where do I configure the dashboard inventory so it uses
puppetdb?

I have configured vi /usr/share/puppet-dashboard/config/settings.yml

with

# The "inventory service" allows you to connect to a puppet master to
retrieve and node facts
enable_inventory_service: true

# Hostname of the inventory server.
inventory_server: 'puppet-server1.domain.net'

# Port for the inventory server.
inventory_port: 8081

However, inventory is not picking up any information

Inventory
Could not retrieve facts from inventory service: SSL_connect SYSCALL
returned=5 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read finished A

Can anyone help ?

Cheers,
Oli