On Fri, 2012-11-30 at 06:06 -0800, Ugo Bellavance wrote:
On Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:07:54 PM UTC-5, Ryan Coleman wrote:
On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 10:22 AM, Ugo Bellavance <ug...@lubik.ca<javascript:>

I have 2 questions regarding puppet.conf file:

1. What should I do to use puppet to deploy puppet.conf files? I have
only one puppetmaster, but I was wondering if I should push the same file
on all my hosts (including the puppetmaster) or should I have a file
specifically for puppetmaster. I want to push puppet.conf file because I
want to set reporting on on clients, mostly.
My original question was more: can I have the same puppet.conf for nodes
that simple agents and for my puppetmaster?
Yes, you can. The agents will simply ignore any master-specific
configuration options present in the puppet.conf file.

On my system, I've actually configured the puppet master to use a
separate configuration file from the puppet agents. You can do this
fairly easily by editing the init script (on debian/ubuntu you can do
this in /etc/defaults/puppetmaster) to pass
"--config_file_name=puppetmaster" when starting the master process.

--
Calvin Walton <calvin.walton@kepstin.ca>

grouppuppet-users @
categoriespuppet