On Nov 26, 2012, at 4:46 PM, Michael Stahnke wrote:

I tried to reproduce this and just couldn't. Does this happen on
other systems?

Is there any more information you could think of?

Sadly, it's happening on every RHEL5 system I have! All packages are either RedHat or EPEL, or now PuppetLabs, I can't really think of anything that would cause a conflict. It happens on both VM's and Physical hardware. I did have a number of gems running to support hiera before I upgrade to Puppet 3.0.1 but I got rid of them on the master when I upgraded. It's really perplexing, especially since all the other packages from puppetlabs seem to have been installed and are working...