One other issue I have I can't figure out (that is potentially related), I have a module backups which passes all tests and uses the concat module. Anything else that uses a backups define fails with the error:

Failure/Error: it { should create_exec('initialize repo') }
Puppet::Error:
Puppet::Parser::AST::Resource failed with error ArgumentError: Invalid resource type concat at /Users/jlambert/Documents/puppet/gitolite/spec/fixtures/modules/backups/manifests/archive.pp:16 on node jlambertmbp.local

Concat is included in the .fixtures for both the backups module and everything using it.