On Friday, October 26, 2012 1:54:23 PM UTC-5, Abhijeet Rastogi wrote:

On Fri 26 Oct 2012 10:15:23 PM IST, jcbollinger wrote:

On Friday, October 26, 2012 7:33:00 AM UTC-5, Abhijeet Rastogi wrote:
That leaves you at least two options. If you convert the singleton
definitions to classes, then you can access their variables via their
fully-qualified names. If you want to leave them as definitions then
you can store the needed values as variables of some class (as I think
you said you did), and then read those class variables where you need
them instead of trying to access the parameter values of the
defined-type instance.
How can save the values from defined resources to a variable of class?

When I tried doing that, I got error like "Cannot assign to variables
in other namespaces at ... "

You misunderstand. A defined type cannot set class variables, nor can one
class set a different class's variables. Class variables must be set by
the class to which they belong. Thereafter, their values can be referenced
by anything, and in particular by your defined type.

John