On Wednesday, 3 October 2012 22:45:11 UTC-4, Jo wrote:
On Oct 1, 2012, at 5:00 PM, Lunixer wrote:

I'll try strace instead of tcpdump, being that this is not a TCP
communication problem over the wire but rather a file or directory access
problem.

Um, no. Puppet client talks to the server over the network, even on the
same host. You really should listen to advice we provide.
So if the server responds with a 403 error over the network, what exactly
do you think a tcpdump will show? The exact same error message.

This is why you would use strace, to see what is happening inside the
actual process.

Try not being so condescending, particularly when you're wrong.