2012/10/22 Stephen Gran <stephen.gran@guardian.co.uk>
Hi,
On Mon, 2012-10-22 at 10:28 +0200, Martin Willemsma wrote:
Hi All,

I was wondering if it is possible to NOT show an event in puppet
dashboard. I have an exec resource that fires of a ruby script. This
is triggering a changed event on every run, but actually I want to
exclude this from showing up as "CHANGED"
The traditional way to have a script run periodically is to put
something in cron. Puppet can help you with that.

Cheers,
--
Stephen Gran
Senior Systems Integrator - guardian.co.uk

Visit guardian.co.uk - newspaper of the year

www.guardian.co.uk www.observer.co.uk www.guardiannews.com

On your mobile, visit m.guardian.co.uk or download the Guardian
iPhone app www.guardian.co.uk/iphone and iPad edition
www.guardian.co.uk/iPad

Save up to 37% by subscribing to the Guardian and Observer - choose the
papers you want and get full digital access.
Visit guardian.co.uk/subscribe

This e-mail and all attachments are confidential and may also
be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify
the sender and delete the e-mail and all attachments immediately.
Do not disclose the contents to another person. You may not use
the information for any purpose, or store, or copy, it in any way.

Guardian News & Media Limited is not liable for any computer
viruses or other material transmitted with or as part of this
e-mail. You should employ virus checking software.

Guardian News & Media Limited

A member of Guardian Media Group plc
Registered Office
PO Box 68164
Kings Place
90 York Way
London
N1P 2AP

Registered in England Number 908396

Thank you Steven,

I'm aware of cron resources I also use them. This particular script is
creating a couple of custom facts, that I'm uploading to the
inventory_service using puppet facts upload preferably I would like to
have in the same or right after the puppet run.

I was hoping to be able to specify a debug level to logging. ( to dashboard
)

Like debug => true

For now I will create a cron to fire off the script.

Thanks for your reply.

--
Kind Regards,

Martin Willemsma