On Wed, 2012-10-17 at 11:44 -0700, Maarten Thibaut wrote:
Hi,

The docs on collections do not mention how information is "retired" from
the puppetmaster (see
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/exported_resources.html).

To use the example in the above doc, suppose host "foo" is added. We setup
a collector to monitor it through nagios on running on host "bar".

We now retire host "foo". Nagios keeps complaining about "foo" being down.
How do I "zero out" the information about "foo"?
If you're using puppetdb, you can run the following command:
# puppet node deactivate foo.example.com

This is documented at
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppetdb/1/maintain_and_tune.html#deactivate-decommissioned-nodes

--
Calvin Walton <calvin.walton@kepstin.ca>