The template function is evaluated on the server, but you do have access to
the facter variables that are generated on the client.

Kind regards,
Ger.

Op dinsdag 16 oktober 2012 09:53:34 UTC+2 schreef SAF het volgende:
Hi all,

I'm trying to build a motd template for all my linux machines.
This should contain two type of variables:
- client side (from facter), like operatingsystem and architecture
- supplied by the master, after parsing a text file (or querying a
mysql db), like description and location.

So. Where are the template variables evaluated? On the client or on the
master?

Any hints on how I can do this?

Thanks.