On Oct 11, 2012, at 12:13 PM, Stefan Schulte wrote:
On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 10:47:41AM -0700, Jeff McCune wrote:
Nicholas,

[...]
We can't make this idempotent as a result. This is definitely a bug,
would you mind filing it? If so, I'd be happy to do so on your behalf, but
bugs from users are always better than bugs I report.

Please feel free to add me as a watcher, I'll update it with the
information I found.

Hope this helps,
-Jeff
As Nicolas stated there already is a bug report:
http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/11675#change-73099
Ah thanks. I missed that while on my phone.
Puppet simply does not check the current state at (it is not even
implemented anywhere in the code, at least I have not found it)
I'll try and get this fixed as soon as possible. That's really disappointing.
-Stefan