On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 04:11:06PM -0400, Thomas Linkin wrote:
There is no way in the resource declaration for 'file' to stop it from
ensuring your symlink is made into a directory. That is because this
is the state you're asking to have ensured when you compile that
resource into a catalog. What you may want to do is find a way to have
the resource either ensure a symlink for those hosts or not be in your
catalog. I recommend the finding a way to have it ensure a symlink.
Thanks for the explanation. I'm going to use an exec. Ugly, but it
will be easier to understand than the other options you mentioned.

Greetings
Marc