On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Josh Cooper wrote:
Hi Roger,
On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Roger wrote:
Puppet is taking about 5 minutes per run on a Windows 2008 R2 server.
Here's the breakdown:

config_retrieval 1.638
exec 1.0764
file 320.1297
Total 322.8441

There are only 13 file resources:

4 are directories
2 are small powershell scripts
6 are relatively small text files
1 image file (9K png file)

Puppet version is 2.7.19

Why so long ensuring these files are correct?
Are these on a local filesystem? Or vm shared folder (hgfs)? Or smb/cifs?

Are you managing owner/group/mode? If so, can you try omitting those properties?

Josh

--
Josh Cooper
Developer, Puppet Labs