I don't think this is trivial. If it were, I would have already found the
problem by looking at the obvious things.
What I have seen from several posts is that there's other error similar to
the one I've seen. I even came across a bug report filed a while back with
the same error I see, but I lost the link and cannot find it.

The problem is not even from a client to the master. The testing I've done
is all in the master.

I'll try strace instead of tcpdump, being that this is not a TCP
communication problem over the wire but rather a file or directory access
problem.

LL
----