I have the following resource defined:

file { "/var/lib/foo":
ensure => directory,
owner => root,
group => root,
mode => 0755,
}

On some systems, but not on all, I have /var/lib/foo symlinked to
another partition with more space. Those symlinks (/var/lib/foo =>
/space/foo) are replaced during the puppet run with a local directory.

Neither the force nor the replace parameter to the File resource seems
to stop this behavior.

Is there anyway to obtain this behavior short of using an exec?

Greetings
Marc