On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Garrett Honeycutt wrote:

Hiera[2] is meant to solve this. You might have staging.yaml and
production.yaml that specify values for mysql_innodb_buffer_pool_size.
Another scenario I've found is that we also add certain users if
$::environment is production, and a different set of users if it's qa, etc.
How would you work with that using hiera?

One idea that comes to mind is that within hiera I set a special
environment variable called $::env or something, which is what I would
evaluate instead of $::environment, that way I can have any puppet
environment setting $::env to whatever I want.

- Gonzalo