Hi All,

In our environment, we use the $::environment variable extensively to
determine if the host should have one set of mounts (e.g. production) or a
different set of mounts (e.g. qa). This is just one example, but there are
many others where the $::environment variable comes into play.

The problem is that I have a number of puppet changes that I want to test
before merging into the production tree, so I've created a staging
environment.... however, given the importance of the $::environment
variable throughout the manifests, this won't work well.

Any suggestions? I'd like to point a number of production nodes at a
secondary puppet server using --noop to see what would change, but then I
run into SSL issues. Would be great if I could use puppet over cleartext
http for this test, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Gonzalo