On 2012-09-10 23:14, Douglas Garstang wrote:
Calvin,

Thanks. Your describing exactly what I had, before I was told to stop
using run stages and use resource chaining instead. Apparently
resource chaining provides the same functionality as run stages.
IIUIC, stages "only" add dependencies between the underlying resources
and act as a shortcut to specifying those dependencies manually.

The downside of such shotgun approaches is that it is very easy to run
into dependency cycles if one doesn't carefully restrict what goes
where. But in this case there is no difference between using stages and
manually creating dependencies, as the same cycles will be created.

Best Regards, D.