Eclipse itself is straightfoward, since it's just a matter of
download/unzip/set env vars.I wrote my own manifest to do that.

In at least one case I tried, installing a plugin by manually placing files
into /plugins and /features wasn't enough to activate the plugin. Wondering
if it was because of the need to accept the license?