Stupid question: where is the source file for this hack?
On Monday, July 2, 2012 11:19:46 PM UTC-5, fpommier wrote:

Hi Josh,
Thank for your quick and good reply.
I remove "and LocalAccount = True' at line 56 and 58.
It now work perfectly.
Thanks again.
Fred

Le lundi 2 juillet 2012 07:27:33 UTC-10, Josh Cooper a écrit :
Hi,

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 4:30 PM, fpommier <fpomm...@gmail.com<javascript:>
When a want to use scheduled_task for create a windows task and when i
give a AD user, i have this message :
err: /Stage[main]/Mirnas/Scheduled_task[test]/ensure: change from absent
to present failed: Invalid user: DOMAIN\oper

My user domain and the password are correct.
I have the same error if i change DOMAIN\oper by op...@domain.com<javascript:>or DOMAIN/oper
With a local user, is working, but i need a AD user for my batch to
work.
Is it a bug , a limitation or i miss something ?
Thank for any help
scheduled_task { 'test':
ensure => present,
enabled => true,
command => 'C:\test\test.bat',
working_dir => 'C:\test',
user => 'DOMAIN\oper',
password => 'xxxxx',
trigger => {
schedule => daily,
start_date => '2012-06-26', # Defaults to 'today'
start_time => '09:05', # Must be specified

For more options, visit this group at
It is definitely a bug. I've filed this as
http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/15326. You can probably just
remove the `LocalAccount = True` condition from the WMI queries in
`Puppet::Util::ADSI#sid_for_account` at lines 56-58.

Josh

--
Josh Cooper
Developer, Puppet Labs