Windows support better in newer versions of Puppet. I run 2.7.18 on XP
nodes with no issues. It's not officially supported though.

hth,

Adam
On Monday, November 21, 2011 2:50:37 PM UTC-6, Jeff Sussna wrote:

Trying to get Puppet 2.7.6/Facter 1.6.2 running on Windows XP SP3.
Followed the install instructions carefully, got no errors. facter and
puppet both hang no matter what I try. The only things that don't hang
are:

facter operatingsystem (or any other individual facter query)
facter --version

facter --debug hangs, as does puppet --version or any other puppet
command, including 'puppet config print all'.

Anyone have success getting puppet running on XP?