On 16 Aug 2012, at 00:07, Douglas Garstang wrote:
On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Tom De Vylder wrote:
On 15 Aug 2012, at 23:58, Douglas Garstang wrote:
On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Ryan Coleman wrote:
On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Douglas Garstang
wrote:
How do I get get length of an array in puppet DSL?
Hi Doug,

You can install the puppetlabs-stdlib module from the Forge and use
the size function.
Ryan,

No thanks. I've stopped using 3rd party modules. Providers don't work
with environments... at least I don't think they do.... no has has
provided a definitive answer.
Could you elaborate on this one?
I'm using the stdlib with environments. Never ran into any issues with that.
Ryan,

What version of puppet are you using? We're on 2.7.1.

Doug.
Assuming you meant me…
I've used environments early 2.6.x up till 2.7.18.
The stdlib was used throughout the entire process without any hiccups,

2.7.1 is fairly old code. You might want to consider upgrading.
Judging by the version number I guess you are using Debian. The version in backports is very stable.
Or you could use the Puppetlabs repo of course.

Tom