Is the output of a command called by puppet stored somewhere on the master
or agent?

For example, if have the statement
---
commands :ls => "ls"
---

and then I try something like " ls, '/' "

where does the output of "ls /" go? I've tried poking around in vardir on
both the master and the agent with no luck. I'm probably just missing it,
but this would help with some debugging. I'm looking for both stdout and
stderr.

Note: I'm not actually running ls, I figured it was an easy example of a
command that writes to stdout/stderr

Thanks!