On Wed, 2012-08-01 at 08:56 -0700, david.garvey@gmail.com wrote:
Hello,

I can't wrap my head around what is causing this error. After rebooting the
box I get this error. If I remove the $hostgroup parameter is errors at
$product_domain and down the line. What is going wrong here? I have facters
defined for nagios server.
I am testing this where nagios server (puppet client) is currently on the
puppetmaster. The error prevents me from updating my nagios configs.
puppet agent --test --verbose
err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER:
Invalid parameter product_domain at line 370 on node nagios_node.
define host($ip = $::fqdn, $short_alias = $::fqdn, $hostgroup =
$::product_info, $product_domain = $::product_domain) {
case $product_info {
Hmm. I'm actually wondering if the reason for this is the reference to
the facts in the default values for the parameters. I was under the
impression that *should* work, but I'm not totally familiar with the
code in question.

Can you say which versions of Puppet you're running on the server and
client?

As a workaround, you might try something like this:

define host($ip = 'UNSET') {
if $ip == 'UNSET' {
$ip = $::fqdn

Calvin Walton <calvin.walton@kepstin.ca>