that sounds quite like what I need. thanks :)

Am Montag, 30. Juli 2012 16:04:56 UTC+2 schrieb R.I. Pienaar:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Axel Bock" <axel.bock@arbeitsagentur.de>
To: puppet-users@googlegroups.com
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 5:50:41 AM
Subject: Re: [Puppet Users] Integrating Ruby methods into Puppet classes

thanks, that works just fine :) . I am writing some methods right
now.

a last question maybe: how can I ouptut text on the command line from
within a function?

crit(...) and function_crit(...) don't seem to work, even when I
include the puppet functions using "... loadall" like said in the
docs.
functions are run on the master so you wont see them on the client side
unless you are using 'apply', Puppet.notice() should do it.