So, this is my first time using puppet. I was reading the introduction
given on the official website here.
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/learning/ral.html

The page has mentioned that using the "--edit" option, I can change a
resouce. So, to test that, I did,

$service puppetmaster start
$service httpd stop #To stop the httpd service
$#"puppet resource service httpd" shows it as stopped.
$#I do a puppet resource httpd --edit & change the ensure to "running"
in the editor.

Even after executing the above command, I still have the httpd service
stopped. Is this the expected bahavior or may be I understood something
wrong?

Abhijeet
http://blog.abhijeetr.com