Hello all,

I am new to puppet and I am currently designing a set of deployment rules
for our company web servers. The Puppet DSL brings me quite far, but now I
could really use the possibility to extend the DSL with one or two ruby
functions.

Example: I would like to iterate over all the IP addresses of a system,
picking out only those which match a certain criteria.
There are method-like things in the DSL, like the template("...") method
for the file class.

Now my question is: Is that possible in general? And if yes - where is a
point where I can read up on this? I am a Ruby Noob (tm) but firm in quite
a few other languages, so some rough hands-on documentation on how to start
should be enough.

Thanks for any answers :)
/Axel.