Grab the SRPMs from StealthMonkey and you can build and install these without any changes. Point, shoot, go. No edits necessary.
On Jun 26, 2012, at 9:44 AM, Dan White wrote:
Thanks for the pointer, Eric, but I was able to build my own ruby 1.8.7 from the rbel.frameos.org source RPM

The problem is that it won't play nice with the other pieces I want to use.
Maybe I could build passenger from source as well, but I'd rather work from binary RPM's as much as possible.

If puppet won't break when I back down to ruby 1.8.5, that is my main concern.

Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)

----- Eric Shamow wrote:
Also as a note, there are (unofficial, but maintained by the CentOS
maintainer, Karanbir Singh) packages for RHEL 5 at:

http://centos.karan.org/el5/ruby187/

I've used these in production with much success.

-Eric

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Matthaus Litteken <matthaus@puppetlabs.com