On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 9:13 AM, ad wrote:

I just tested this on CentOS/Puppet 2.7.12 with the same result.

- Adam

On Friday, June 22, 2012 10:20:52 AM UTC-5, ad wrote:

This is on Windows running 2.7.16. I haven't tested on Linux or other
versions. I'm still relatively new to Puppet and haven't used custom
functions before, so wanted to run this by the list before filing a bug.

When calling custom functions from functions, arguments are being
converted to decimal arrays. That is, passing the argument 'bar' from a
custom function to another function results in

arg[0]: 98
arg[1]: 97
arg[2]: 114

Here's a full example in case I'm doing something wrong here.

Function 1:

module Puppet::Parser::Functions
newfunction(:foo) do |args|
puts 'args[0]:' + args[0].to_s
puts 'args.size:' + args.size.to_s
end
end

Function 2:

module Puppet::Parser::Functions
newfunction(:foo2) do |args|
Puppet::Parser::Functions.**autoloader.loadall
function_foo('from_function')
Since you are calling foo with a single argument, I believe the args in
function foo is a string, not an array. If you instead say
`function_foo(['from_function'])`, it should do what function foo expects.

end
end

A manifest:

foo('from_manifest')
foo2()

Puppet Agent run Result:

args[0]:from_manifest
args.size:1
args[0]:102
args.size:13

13 is the string length of 'from_function', and 102 is the decimal
representation of 'f'.

- Adam
For more options, visit this group at
Josh Cooper