On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 3:13 PM, Nan Liu wrote:
So normally for self signed CA the issuer and subject is the same. In
this case you are issuing the certs via:
CN=Puppet CA: top-level-master.domain

However you are asking the system to verify against a CA cert that
presents the subject as:
CN=Puppet CA: nlvmjt036.nwideweb.net
Well that's what I get for trying to sanitize the output before
posting to the list. nlvmjt036 is the name of my top-level master.
So you can you locate your CA cert with the subject?
Subject: CN=Puppet CA: top-level-master.domain
On my top-level master:
# diff -s /var/lib/puppet/ssl/ca/ca_crt.pem /var/lib/puppet/ssl/certs/ca.pem
Files /var/lib/puppet/ssl/ca/ca_crt.pem and
/var/lib/puppet/ssl/certs/ca.pem are identical

As mentioned previously, the top-level master's
/var/lib/puppet/ssl/certs/ca.pem file is identical to the subordinate
master's /var/lib/puppet/ssl/certs/ca.pem file.

Thanks,
Scott